I am delighted to be hosting the fabulous Kelly Hall as part of her book tour for the release of ‘The Secret of Strange Waters’. Kelly is here today to talk about her top ten young adult paranormal books:
Hi I’m Kelly Hall, author of The Light Keeper Series. When I’m not writing I’m busy reading. I love going on a journey in the pages of someone else’s mind, and this is a list of my top ten favorite YA paranormal book series and why I love them!
- The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare – This series is my absolute favorite of all time and I read it at least once a year, including the infernal devices because, well, it’s that good. I am also super happy that ABC family is going to release the TV show, Shadowhunters, in 2016! I can’t wait!
- The Morganville Vampires- Rachel Caine- I just love Shane Collins so much and I adore this series. This is one that I read over again as well! It needs a TV Series too. I do hope the web series continues on Geek and Sundry.
- The Infernal Devices- Cassandra Clare- This series is so much fun and I love learning more about my favorite characters from The Mortal Instruments. I can’t get enough Shadowhunters.
- Bloodlines- Richelle Mead- I know that technically I should be naming this series AFTER Vampire Academy, but I kind of liked it more and I will admit that is probably because it has more Adrian. All books need more Adrian.
- Vampire Academy- Richelle Mead- This series was so good I have read it a few times too. I even loaned out a copy of the last book and then never got it back, so I had to go out and buy it again because I refuse to not have the complete set. I also learned a valuable lesson about loaning my babies out!
- Vampire Diaries- L.J. Smith- I honestly love many of L.J.’s early books, but this one is my favorite and mostly because of Damon and Bonnie! How cute are they? If you haven’t read the books and only watched the show I encourage you to read them. It’s a whole different experience.
- Sweep- Cate Tiernan- This series was so good that— as I would finish one book, I’d go to the book store and buy the next. I read them so fast that after the third trip in my husband said to just start buying them two at a time. It helped a little. Instead of going every day, we went every other day. I devoured this fifteen book series!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children- Ransom Riggs – Aside from the awesome photos, this book is full of interesting characters that come together for a great tale.
- Evernight- Claudia Gray- I really enjoyed this series and its take on vampires. I love Balthazar and the fact that Gray used the name Balthazar. He’s a great character and I loved his book too.
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth- Carrie Ryan- I found this book at my local library at a time where I had hit a reading slump. I just didn’t feel like reading and so I didn’t want to buy a book series and then not read it, so I found this and told myself I was going to try to read, thinking I would just read a bit and put it down, but I couldn’t. I read it all night then went back for the others the next day. It’s really a creepy fun story and it takes you through all of your emotions. Plus, all the books in this series have really awesome names. I’ve now added it to my personal library.
On top of that, take a look at these gorgeous character profiles from ‘The Secret of Strange Waters’. (I LOVE Talon!)