You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), that comes into effect May 25, 2018. I am claiming responsibility for all of the personal information that you send me, whether this is your name, email address or PayPal information. I take this responsibility very seriously and want you to know the steps I am taking.
1) I am checking that everybody on my mailing list and blog subscription is 100% happy to be here by giving people the chance to opt out whenever they wish.
2) I will be regularly cleaning out old emails/bounced emails.
3) I am ensuring that you all understand your right to your own data (this means that you have a right to request any information I hold on you at any time. You also have a right to unubsrcibe and ‘be forgotten’ at any time. I do notretain the data of anybody who has been upon my list once they choose to leave.)
5) I may use your name or email address to compile a list of previous reviewers or thoe who have expressed an interest in beta-reading or reviewing future books.
6) I will NEVER share your information with any other parties, for any reason. None of your data is used for advertising or marketing purposes.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.